As a result of the Regulation of Care (Scotland) Act 2001 there are now no legal differences between residential homes and nursing homes. They are all care homes and can be more flexible about the services they offer. They can meet all aspects of residents’ accommodation, support and care, including nursing care either by their own means or use of the District Nursing Service.
Abercorn Care Limited’s Philosophy is that it’s staff has a responsibility to provide a high quality of care and maintain ethical and professional practise. Our goal is to develop a cohesive unit, which provides quality care, in a homely setting. The care is to be delivered in a competent manner by a well-trained, motivated staff, thereby ensuring:
- The staff will act in such a way as to promote and safeguard the well being and interest of the residents at all times.
- The care will be given in a competent manner.
- Each resident will be treated as an individual taking into account their physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- The resident’s right to privacy, dignity and confidentiality will be respected.
- The full involvement of the resident in determining their care will be undertaken.
- The caring and supporting role of relatives and friends will be fully acknowledged and their active participation in determining the quality of care will be sought.